Central Oregon FIRST Tech Challenge League Meet #1 is tomorrow.
Students need to be Registered with FIRST Tech Challenge or have a signed paper Consent and Release Form at Check-in
Wednesday November 15
Culver Middle School
218 West F St.
3:00 - 4:00 PM Doors Open/ Teams arrive
4:00 - 5:00 PM Robot & Field Inspections
5:15 PM Drive Team Meeting & match schedule handed out
5:30 PM Matches begin
Each team will play 5 matches which will take about 2 hours
7:30 PM clean up
8:00 PM buses leave
We will have Domino's Pizza, fresh veggies, apples, and water for the students to eat.
We are sharing a bus with Cascade Middle School and will be departing Summit HS (in the back/ West side of the school at 3:15 PM)
We will be packing our robot equipment 1 - 3 PM, or students can do homework.
Students must be signed up for Robotics Club at Family ID (Link at https://summitrobotics.com/resources/)
REMINDERS FOR LEAGUE MEET ONE
Bring and wear Safety Glasses over your eyes in the PIT and at the Field.
TIPS for DOING YOUR BEST AT LEAGUE MEET ONE
- Read Game Manual 2 - The points count and so do the penalties in League Meet One.
- Read the Game Forum and ask questions relevant to your team - print it and bring it to show a referee
- LABEL EVERYTHING with your team number so that it can be returned to your team when you forget it. Specifically batteries, phone chargers, phone charger cables, tool boxes, safety glasses.
- Write what happens during your meetings and at the meets in your Engineering Notebook.
Other items for League Play
- Adult Coaches/Mentors cannot stand with their team's Drive team in the Queuing Line, at the Queuing Table or at the Field. Mentors and other team members must sit/stand in the audience. Keeping the playing fields clear of extraneous people was a problem at League Meet Zero at some locations.
- Holding phones during Autonomous is not allowed - At some locations we did not have a stand for the phones/controllers. We are correcting that. .
- Offer to help set-up or clean up at your league meet. It is much appreciated
HOT LINKS to make life easier!
- We have a FIRST Tech Challenge Oregon website!
- FIRST Tech Challenge Oregon HOT TOPICS!
- FTC Relic Recovery Game Materials
- FIRST Tech Challenge Game and Season Info
- FIRST Tech Challenge Game Forum
- Know what the Referees, Inspectors, Judges and FTAs know
- Help with getting team members signed up electronically and get parents/guardians to sign the FIRST Consent and Release form electronically